Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Chocolate Cheesecake like WHOA

HOLY JJEEEZZZZ I just made the BEST freakin' Chocolate Cheesecake I have ever tasted in my LIFE. I don't have pictures or any of that for some reason, (slacking, I know...) but here's the recipe. It was adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe I found. I am giving the recipe for the crust as well, even though I do not make crust for my cheesecake. I'm just not a big fan of crust, on anything really.

Chocolate Cheesecake

What You'll Need:
9 oz chocolate wafer cookies
6 T. unsalted butter, melted
4-8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
8 oz semisweet chocolate

1. Preheat the oven to 325. Most cheesecake recipes say to use a spring form pan, but I always use a regular glass baking dish. This time I used a round, glass pie dish. If using crust, mix crushed chocolate wafer cookies with melted butter, press evenly over the bottom of your greased dish, bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside.

2. Place your semisweet in a double boiler contraption, whatever you have, or melt it however you like to. In a mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, and salt together with an electric mixer. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the sour cream. Then add the chocolate. Blend it until it is super smooth.

3. Pour the batter into your pan(s) and bake for 1 hour. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN. Turn the oven off and let it sit for another hour. This prevents the cheesecake from cracking. Mine still cracked a teeny tiny bit. Let it cool completely at room temperature, and then refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.

Simply amazing. Everyone has absolutely loved it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a suggestion for me? Have a recipe in mind?