Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Crock Pot Sweet Ham

Hellooooo all. I'm feeling much better now from the surgery. Still much healing to do, but it was a very minor and mostly pain-free procedure.

I was well enough today to get back in the kitchen! I went over to my mom's house (she's keeping Ryan for the surgery and recovery) stuck a ham in the crock pot, and let her take care of the side dishes. I have been seeing these "Easy Slow Cooker Hams" all over Pinterest and other sites for a while now, and have been dying to try one.. so I did!

And there she is!!!

----------------------------------
Crock Pot Sweet Ham

What You'll Need:
A Ham - I used a Smoked Bone-In Half Ham. You can use whatever kind you want- precooked, sliced or not, half or whole. There is enough sugar and pineapple for a whole ham, I just like extra sauce!!
3 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Can Pineapple Tidbits with the juice (Sliced or Diced or even just pineapple juice would be fine also)

Put most of the brown sugar underneath the ham in your crock pot. Pour the pineapple tidbits and juice over the ham and put more sugar over the top. Cook on High for about at hour to get it cooking, depending on how quickly you want it to be done. And then on Low for about 4-5 hours or until tender and yummmyyy.
----------------------------------

I used The Crockin' Girls' recipe. It can be found here along with other awesome recipes AND a kitchen-worthy cookbook. This ham is AMAZING. And amazingly simple. Try it!

Follow me, request recipes, leave feedback, and stay tuned for the release of Bees new line of amazing Body Butters!

1 comment:

Have a suggestion for me? Have a recipe in mind?