Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Orange White Chocolate Cupcakes

It's time. It's time to write my own cupcake recipe. I'm definitely still learning when it comes to baking and, well, cooking too. So I bring to you- my very first recorded cupcake recipe!

I have a new found love for self rising flower thanks to my mommy, so that's what I'll be using. If you don't have any, you can substitute 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (No salt because I used salted butter in the recipe). I also have a new obsession with using oranges in baking ever since my amazing Orange Cinnamon Streusel Muffins.

So.. I will be attempting to create some Orange White Chocolate Cupcakes. I'm going to use Cream Cheese Frosting because that's what I have.

Let's do this!

Start melting 3 oz of white chocolate however you like. I use a double boiler contraption made by sitting a thick measuring cup in a small saucepan of water. First, beat the butter and sugar together.
Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour, orange zest, orange juice, and white chocolate. Pour the batter into your muffin cups and bake! Soo simple!
And you have these sweet little cupcakes to ice and decorate however you please.
I lightened up a can of premade Cream Cheese Frosting by beating it together with a splash of milk. Would be great with an orange frosting, white chocolate, or whatever you like.
:)

Orange White Chocolate Cupcakes

What You'll Need:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
3 Eggs
1 1/4 cup Self Rising Flour
3 oz. or about 1/4 cup White Chocolate
Juice of 1 Orange or about 1/4 cup pre made Orange Juice
Zest of up to half of of the Orange- get this before juicing!! (if using pre made, can leave out)
Frosting of your choice

1. Preheat oven to 350. Begin melting white chocolate however you like for Step 2. Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer. Beat in the eggs one at a time.

2. Beat in the flour, orange zest, orange juice, and white chocolate. Beat very well. Pour into muffin cups filling each one about 3/4th of the way full.

3. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from muffin pan to finish cooling after a few minutes. When cooled almost to room temperature, ice the cupcakes.

Makes 12 cupcakes.

<3


Stay tuned for my Renter's Garden, my re-fabbed painted book shelf, and the release of bees body butters..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a suggestion for me? Have a recipe in mind?